Most Canadian’s are aware that there is an issue with the quality of air that we breathe in our homes and offices, but the majority of us do not know how severe the problem really is. Listed below are some facts that reaffirm how much of an issue indoor air quality has become and the impact that it can play on our lives:
- Most homes generate about 40 pounds of dust per year for every 1.500 square feet of space.
- About 40,000 dust mites, a common cause of household allergies, can be found in only one ounce of dust.
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- The EPA ranks indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health.
- EPA studies indicate that indoor levels of many pollutants may be 25 times, and occasionally more than 100 times, higher than outdoor levels. In general, indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one-in-13 school-age children.
- In the last 30 years, the number of people with asthma has gone up by almost 60%.
- “Over 2.6 million Canadians over age 12 and 12% of children under 12 suffer from asthma related breathing problems.” -Source: asthma.ca.
AAA Duct Cleaning Service helps get rid of that dust and dirt, which results in:
- Improved indoor air quality.
- Reduced dust build-up.
- Relief for allergy sufferers.
- Increased air flow throughout your home.
It is recommended to have your ducts cleaned every 3 to 5 years or after any home renovation.
AAA Duct Cleaning Procedure
Unfortunately many duct cleaning companies are what we call “blow and go” companies, they blow the dirt out of sight of the client and remove very little. They know that the client can not see their work, so they charge high prices, do a quick job and leave the majority of the debris behind. It was for this reason that we decided to get the training and the equipment to do the job right ourselves. So many of our carpet cleaning clients had had poor experiences with duct cleaners and would call asking who we might recommend, and truthfully we did not know. So several years ago AAA Steam Carpet Cleaning in St. Catharines, began our duct cleaning division.
We take every step necessary to insure the most thorough duct cleaning possible. The following is an out line of our procedure.
- Review any concerns with client
- Vents of concern
- Layout of trunk work
- Vent openings are pre-checked and pre-vac out to prevent blowing heavy debris further down the line, then are sealed shut for maximum suction.
- Large 8 inch vac hoses are attached to both hot and cold trunks in the basement and attached to our truck-mounted system
- Infra red cameras monitor the cleaning process to insure proper cleaning.
- Vent Covers are blown clean
- Each vent line is blown clean using a reverse spinning ball that snakes its way down to the main trunks.
- The vast majority of duct cleaners skip this vital step, choosing rather use an air gun to blow debris out of sight rather than down to the main trunks where the vacuum is attached.
- Once vents lines have been thoroughly cleaned cleaning begins in the main trunks.
- Main trunks are power whipped, a powerful air driven tool that literally whips any and all debris off the walls of the ducts where it is picked by the suction.
- Then spinning balls are inserted that travel the length of the trunks stirring up any remain dust and heavy debris which is quickly drawn out to the truck.
- Then as a final insurance that the trunks are clean and free of dust and debris the trunks are air washed with 220 psi air pressure.
- All work is double checked visually with infra red cameras to insure it is truly clean.
- If Requested furnace, a/c a frame and filters are air washed. For more details on furnace cleaning see our furnace cleaning section on our Website.
- All openings that we make in trunk works are professionally sealed, and plated.
- Furnaces power is turned back and fan run.